TBGBL Talk Version 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TBGBL Talk Version 4.0

An Even Newer Forum for all Things TBGBL....

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm not sure where to post this so it's here. Read this if you don't own the simulation software

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Belsize Stros

Belsize Stros

This is my 17th season and I just bought the software because I'm tired of losing. Today I found out something interesting that I never knew about. I found something that those without the software don't seem to have access to. It's in the "depth chart" area and it explains a lot of weirdness I've had.

When you put a player into "util1", you can also assign a percentage that the player plays. The sofware will either look at that percentage on a "game by game" basis, or on a "track stats" basis.

So, when I added Harold Ramirez to RF to play 30% of the time a few sims into the season, my setting was "track stats". I didn't know this until just recently because I didn't own the software until a few weeks ago. It decided that Harold Ramirez was WAY behind his overall 30% usage that I wanted so it played him 7 games in a row to catch up. What I really wanted was the setting to be "game by game" so that he would play 30% of the upcoming games.

According to the latest MPs, the following two teams with "track stats" still enabled are:

MAS
WNB

This is from the Diamond Mind .pdf file...

Usage modes
The offensive portion of your manager profile is assigned one of two usage modes. These modes
apply only when the computer manager is handling this team.
Choose Track starts if you wish to simulate an entire season and you want your players to match
the playing time indicated in the depth chart. With this setting, the computer manager keeps track
of how often each player starts at each position versus left- and right-handed pitching in your
DMB games. During the season, it uses this information to adjust the starting lineups to keep
everyone on a pace to accumulate the amount of playing time indicated in your depth charts.
NOTE: If your goal is to match real-life playing time as closely as possible, we recommend that you choose None
for your league injury rule and Yes for the Limit Bench Playing Time option. See Leagues: Rules and Options
for more details on these settings.
Choose Game by game if you want to change the roles of your players during a season. With
this setting, the computer manager takes each game at a time and randomly chooses spot
starters using the spot start percentages in your depth chart.
Example. Suppose a player is listed in a utility role in a depth chart and has been assigned a
spot start percentage of 30. And suppose you have played the first half of the season and are
ready to begin the second half. Using the Track starts option, the computer manager would
immediately start this player several games in a row because he is far behind the pace necessary
to reach the target of 30% starts. Using the Game by game option, the computer manager would
give this player a 30% chance to start each subsequent game.

2I'm not sure where to post this so it's here.  Read this if you don't own the simulation software Empty USAGE Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Rawken Hawks

Rawken Hawks

Good to know...I haven't ever seen this issue so I must have always been listed as game to game...

I can see the reason why there would be multiple starts for a player with 0 playing time to boost him to his listed season percentage if Tracks Starts was the setting....

Sedona Bombs

Thanks for taking the time to go through the software and the MP's.

According to the latest MPs, the following two teams with "track stats" still enabled are:

MAS
WNB

If "track stats" is on, it is because I did not catch it. I go through the MP's at the beginning of the season and change them all to "game by game".

I will make the change for MAS and WNB.

Bill

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum