TBGBL Talk Version 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TBGBL Talk Version 4.0

An Even Newer Forum for all Things TBGBL....

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bug Solution to "Starting Pitchers Replaced with Position Players"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Belsize Stros

Belsize Stros

This is a bug that Bill and I worked on earlier.  It's happened a few times in the past and somehow I figured out what the problem was.  Later on I found a forum post on the bug which I will link to.

If a player in the BATTING LINEUP does not have a position assigned to them, this bug will occur with the starting PITCHING.  How does a batting lineup problem cause a pitching problem?  Who knows.

When you insert a position player into the batting lineup, you are required to give them a valid position to play.  For example, Teoscar Hernandez bats 4th and plays Right Field.  This is fine.

If later on, you add another player to the batting order to play Right field like Aaron Judge, Teoscar Hernandez's RF designation will be removed but Hernandez will stay in the lineup.  He looks like he is a valid player, but he's not because he's missing his defensive position assignment.  You might want Hernandez to play DH because you have no other DH listed, but unless he is specifically assigned to the DH or another position, you have created an invalid manager profile and the software fails miserably.

One of the failures is to sometimes/always ignore the starting pitching completely and insert position players.  Sometimes it ignores all the starting pitchers, sometimes just one or two, but in any case your pitching will be messed up.

Do not create invalid MPs.  It's easy to do by accident.

Anthony

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/dmbforum/viewtopic.php?p=61212#p61212

Markham Squeeze

That makes sense.

For those who do the software, it's very important to double check your file before sending to Bill.

Nobody likes seeing C.C. Sabathia as your starting SS for 6 games or Dontrelle Willis starting 6/7 games! for you in a sim (both real simulated events that happened)

Thanks to everyone for being so amazing sending in MPs though! They've been in on time and generally highlit, so it's easy to see what changes you've made! Thanks again y'all.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum