TBGBL Talk Version 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TBGBL Talk Version 4.0

An Even Newer Forum for all Things TBGBL....

You are not connected. Please login or register

Player Over Limit Discussion

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Player Over Limit Discussion Empty Player Over Limit Discussion Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:27 pm

Belsize Stros

Belsize Stros

Fellow TBGBL-ers,

I'm not sure what's happening this season. Am I just noticing these violations in my 20th season, or is this a new trend?

I believe there have been 5 or 6 over limit violations this season. There seems to be no consequences and the onus seems to be on Bill to remove these players from people's lineups. We are all grownups and if we pick limited players I think we need to follow our teams and follow the rules of the league.

I propose that an over limit violation results in you losing your LAST available draft pick and must pick a player from the FA pool at the end. My definition of "last available draft pick" means that you lose the last pick you would have been able to make in the draft. If the 29th draft pick would fill out your 36 man roster, you lose the 29th round pick. If you got traded 5 picks and the 24th would fill out your 36 man roster then you'd lose your 24th. You would still get to pick a FA after everyone else has gone. It's not a huge penalty but it's also not a slap on the wrist like we are handing out now.

Another option would be that you'd need to play the NEXT sim down TWO players. Not fatal, but not ideal.

Perhaps a discussion can be had.

2Player Over Limit Discussion Empty Re: Player Over Limit Discussion Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:52 pm

Rawken Hawks

Rawken Hawks

Is the use of an over-limit player enough to force a re-SIM? Maybe if this was available people might be more diligent with their MPs/Rosters...

3Player Over Limit Discussion Empty Re: Player Over Limit Discussion Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:51 am

Bumbles

Hi all,

There was a 1-sim delay on reporting over limits players, since I was out of the country, dropped my cellphone in a pool (ack!), and was unable to update limits. Reporting will be forthcoming shortly, thanks!

4Player Over Limit Discussion Empty Idea! Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:25 am

Tijuana Psychos

Here's an idea. Why don't we:

Acknowldege what a great job Warren was doing previously handling this (Sean this is no jab at you sincerely).

Warren accept the invitation graciously.

Yes/No pretty simple.

Move it along though as I'm on a plane to Europe to mediate some little thing going on on the other side of the pond.

5Player Over Limit Discussion Empty Re: Player Over Limit Discussion Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:48 pm

Markham Squeeze

I want to thank Warren for his prior work and Sean for his great work too.
Also, I want to thank Bill for maintaining all the MPs.

In the end, the limits issue is happening because of mistakes by owners. Honest mistakes; but mistakes.

So, we've informed the owners who've had issues and they've acknowledged the error. I remember some issues with "expired" players being used in past seasons; but it does seem to be abnormally high.

I'm never a fan of blanket penalties, as I've said in the past.

We're not seeing habitual abuse of the system, so I think it's a bit early to move towards punishments.

I suppose if someone took umbrage with it happening, and it had dire effect on their sim; they could appeal for a resim.... but that of course has ripple effects.

6Player Over Limit Discussion Empty Re: Player Over Limit Discussion Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:55 pm

Markham Squeeze

We might try also sending a personalized email to an offending owner CC'd to Bill.

That extra layer should handle most of it I think. Sean; you ok with that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum