TBGBL Talk Version 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TBGBL Talk Version 4.0

An Even Newer Forum for all Things TBGBL....

You are not connected. Please login or register

A non-closer deserving of some consideration for the Henke

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bleeding Ulcers

I was just looking over the pitching register and found that the pitcher with the lowest ERA (over 50+ innings) was Mr. David Robertson, with a minuscule 1.16 over 93 big innings! Normally I would let his owner make the case for him, but as Kirk has departed the league that may not happen. I would of course love it if you gave some second or third vote consideration to my man Luke Gregerson. But I certainly won't be putting him atop my ballot. Robertson wasn't used the closer's role, so he won't appear on the Saves leaderboard. But he may have been the most dominant reliever this season. (Peripherals strong: e.g. 0.73 WHIP and a 1.00 CERA) For your consideration...

2A non-closer deserving of some consideration for the Henke Empty Joakim Soria also impressive Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:49 pm

Markham Squeeze

Also, check out Joakim Soria of Sodo Mojos. He inherited 44 runners, and only 3 scored. He also picked up 15 holds, meaning he was used in incredibly high leverage situations. His ERA was also impacted by fact that 5 of his 13 runners left after he left a game scored, raising his era about half a run had his bullpen mates not let him down.

That's a shutdown reliever.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum